The Sacramento Suns are kicking off the metro tackle league in May. We are gearing up for a home tournament June 18th and the Regional Tournament in Denver on July 16th.
The SAFC has implemented additional safety measures in accordance with local guidelines and those imposed from the United States Australian Football League as of 2021. For more information regarding our safety measures, click here to view our Covid Policy .
About the League
This is Sacramento’s local Australian Football league with matches hosted throughout the summer. Players are divided onto one of four pods and each week two pods combine to form a team. There are eight rounds where all four pods will have the opportunity to play and pair up twice. The finale will be a day of draft, with the two highest ranked pods selecting players from the remaining pool for the final game!
Players are encouraged to attend weekly practices which are held on Tuesday evenings 6-8 pm at North Natomas Community Park; dates & times TBD.
Starting in June, on Wednesday evenings, we are offering free fitness sessions at Tahoe Park from 6-7:30 pm.
Metro players often play at the next level as a Sun for our competitive USAFL travel teams.
2022 Suns Metro Tackle Season – Men & Women
When: Saturday mornings 9:30am – 1 pm
Where: North Natomas Community Park, at our new “home” field
- May 14th, Open Day 1 – FREE & new players are encouraged!
- May 21st Open Day 2 – FREE & new players encouraged!
- Saturday June 4 – Round 1
- Saturday June 11 – Round 2
- Saturday June 25 – Round 3
- Saturday July 9 – Round 4
- Saturday Aug 6 – Round 5
- Saturday Aug 20 – Finals
NEW Players, first game is always FREE – there’s no reason not to give it a try!!
Drop- In Player Registration
First game is free. $10 drop in for the remainder of the season. Players must be registered prior to match time.
Payments will be accepted online, by credit card, or a check (made out to SAFC). NO CASH.
Your player dues include:
- SAFC membership
- field rental
- sponsor tshirt or training singlet
- league grand final awards
- allows you to attend practices
- allows you to play games
- use of equipment
Refunds are not available once the league has commenced.
You will be allocated to a team by the League Management. Requests for changes will only be considered prior to Round 1. There are no guarantees offered.
In the event that a game is cancelled due to field closures by the City of Sacramento, we are unable to reschedule and all teams will share points.
If a match is unable to commence or continue within the time scheduled for the match for reasons beyond the control of either team (including circumstances where it is unsafe for the match to proceed) the following applies:
- Prior to Half Time: If a match has commenced but is not able to proceed at any time within the time scheduled for the game, Match Cancellation rules will apply
- Half Time & Beyond: If a match is unable to recommence or complete, the scores of the teams at the time the match was interrupted shall be deemed to be the final scores of the match and scores shall be calculated appropriately.